Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sorry Letter to Dad: I'm Gay

Dear Dad,

Before anything, I hope you have mom by your side right now.

Sorry Dad, I'm Gay.

I am not apologizing for who I am, I am saying sorry to you for not coming forward with this much sooner and causing you all this pain. I am sorry you had to hear about the real me from someone else and I am quite certain they had said it in a not so thoughtful manner.

I know and you know that for a long time now... that this was coming. This truth about me, that you may find ugly is a very beautiful thing I have kept hidden for so long. I love you and mom very, very much. Being your only son, I know how devastated you would feel, but this is who I am and its not the end of the world Dad. I know in time you will come to accept me and what I am. My love and respect for you will always be the same no matter what. I am your son and that part of me will never change.

All my heart,
Robbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...